About the Doctor
Dr. Todd McDougle over the years has been summed up in one word: “Intense.” Since nearly losing an arm in 1988 during an industrial accident, McDougle has continued to beat the odds. His loss of total function of his right arm and the miracles that ensued thereafter has been nothing less than astounding. His right bicep, tricep, brachialis, and bilateral latissimus destruction left his surgeons with the not-so surprising prognosis of a lifelong disability. After this poor prognosis, the option of becoming a Disabled American was not in the cards for McDougle.
McDougle was a person full of obstacles from years before. Unable to have a source to pay for College, he worked for various vocations with an interest in Health Care. He also was interested in Law Enforcement which he later would serve at the young age of 21. Always looking to improve himself, McDougle left the Police Department to work momentarily for an industrial company where he nearly lost his life.
While he made several stays in various Hospitals such as KCH in Warsaw to St.Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis, the final decision to make life directional alterations was in his court. After 6 months in and out of hospitals, McDougle went back to the gym to rehabilitate himself. During this time he injured his lower back and through his fellow gym-rats, he was persuaded to give Chiropractic a try. The results were astounding enough for him to follow the path in health-care called Chiropractic as a vocation.
Upon Graduating from Palmer College of Chiropractic located in Davenport Iowa, Dr. McDougle traveled back home to Indiana at the request of his Grandparents and established a Chiropractic Centre in Pendleton. Since 1997 he has continued to deliver quality care with the focus of giving credibility to his chosen profession. After closing his Pendleton office due to the destruction of the local economy by the collapse of the automotive industry and the refusal of the Insurance industry to honor their agreements, he created IN Chiropractic & Wellness, Inc. / Indiana Scoliosis Specialists in Fishers, Indiana in 2008.
Because of these things, Dr. McDougle has not only sympathy, but also empathy for those in need both physically and financially . At the same time, his experiences have led him to develop thinking outside of the box resulting in the development of a new Chiropractic technique and a logical means for those in need, the ability to afford it!
In spite of his disabilities and setbacks, McDougle’s interests over the years have included Bodybuilding and Strongman Competitions of which he has participated as a Competitor and Event Physician. This competitive edge continues for him as he lives vicariously through his young athletes for which he meticulously evaluates to improve their performance. Thinking outside the box, his proprietary techniques have produced County, State, National and even International Champions.
He has held several Board positions for the Chiropractic Profession. He has over the years, acquired post-graduate training in Sports Medicine, Scoliosis Bracing, as well as Instrument and Extremity Adjusting. He also teaches his proprietary techniques to Chiropractors across the Nation.
Personally, Dr. McDougle enjoys time with his Family [wife and 4 children], their 5 dogs, and traveling internationally when his busy schedule allows.
Dr. Todd A. McDougle; Curriculum Vitae
• Dr. Todd A. McDougle
• Cell Phone: 317-490-8633
• Fishers Office Address: 14074 Trade Center Drive, Suite 226,
Fishers, IN 46038
• Fishers Office Phone: 317-770-5775
• E-mail: Dr.McDougle@Comcast.Net
• Citizenship: United States Citizen
• Passport: Current
• Gender: Male
• Marital status: Married
• Spouse: Brenda
• Children: Sarah, Joseph, Gabrielle, Gavin
• High School: North Miami Jr./Sr. High School; Denver, Indiana – 1984
• Upper Wabash Vocational Center – Health Occupations; Wabash,
Indiana – 1984
• Physical Therapy Externship - Dukes Memorial Hospital; Peru, Indiana
• Indiana Law Enforcement Academy; Plainfield, Indiana – 1987 (88-91)
Peru Police Department: Patrolman
• Bachelor of Science Graduate: Palmer University System; Davenport,
Iowa – 1997
~ Pre-Med: Purdue University & Scott Community College
• Doctoral Graduate: Palmer College of Chiropractic; Davenport, Iowa
– 1997 http://www.palmer.edu/
• Externship: Palmer College of Chiropractic; Rock Island, Illinois
Director: Dr. Anthony Cacciopo
• Internship: Shadeland Chiropractic; Indianapolis, Indiana – 1997
Preceptor: Dr. Travis Barnhart, Indianapolis, IN
• Hospital Rotation Development: Davenport Medical Center,
Davenport, Iowa – Cardiology
~ Director: Dr. Harry Bimonte, Professor at Palmer College of
Chiropractic and Chair of PalmerCollege Department of
• President: Palmer Interdisciplinary Health Club
• Iowa State Chairman: All Natural Physique & Power Conference
• Master of Ceremonies: All Natural Physique & Power Conference
• Facilitator: Palmer College of Chiropractic & International
Result: Multiple National Bodybuilding Events
Speaker: Mr. Lee LaBrada: Professional BodyBuilder I.F.B.B.
Director: Mr. Ronald Hendrickson; Executive Director ICA
• National Board Certified: National Board of Chiropractic Examiners
• State Licensed: Indiana State Chiropractic Examiners / Indiana State
Board of Health -1997
• Formed Pendleton Chiropractic Centre, P.C. – 1997 Pendleton, Indiana
• Board Member / Board Secretary (1998-2002, 2006-Present):
International Chiropractors Association of Indiana
• Professional – International Spokesperson: Relaxo-Bak, Inc.
– 1998 – 2010
• Talk Show Host: The Spinal Word; WHBU Radio-
Anderson, Indiana – Health Related Topics
• President: Madison County Chiropractic Alliance – 1999
• Events Physician: Indiana World’s Strongest Man Events – N.A.S., Inc.
• Pro-Adjuster CEO: Inaugural CEO Class 2006 – Current
• Event Physician: Extreme Grappling Open; James Clingerman;
Black Belt: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
• Consumer Board Member: Dunlap-Tavel Wealth Management
– 2007 – 2011
• Formed IN Chiropractic & Wellness, Inc. -2007 Fishers, Indiana
· Formed Indiana Scoliosis Specialists – 2008 Fishers, Indiana
• Board Member International Chiropractors Association of Indiana
– 1998 – Present
• ICA~I Chairman: Indiana Chiropractic Insurance Compliance Council
– 2007 – 2010
Sports Related Accomplishments:
• Developer: McDougle Chiropractic Methods through work with
Professional World ClassStrongmen with assistance of Mr. Chad Coy;
World Renowned Professional Strongman andOwner/Operator
Powerhouse Gym, Kokomo, Indiana
• Physician Advisory Board Member: Powerhouse Gym,
• Physician Advisory Board Member: Pendleton Family Fitness,
• Medical Coordinator and D.C. – Indiana Tornados
– North American Football League – 2002
Owner: Mr. Barry Krauss; Former Colts Linebacker,
General Manager: Mr. Jeff Wilkinson,
Tornados Offensive Line Coach: Ray Donaldson; Former Colts Lineman
• Tornados Practicum Site: Anderson University Athletic Training Intern
• Chiropractor for Pendleton Heights High School High Jump Record
Setter – 2003 (6’10”)
• Chiropractor for #1 & #2 Indiana State Girls Gymnastic Champions
• Chiropractor for #2 National Girls Gymnastic Champion – 2007
• Chiropractor Noblesville High School Student – Personal Record Senior
– 2008 (6’11”)
• Pendleton Practicum Site: Ball State University Athletic Training
Interns ; Practicum Site Supervision: Chris Chambers, A.T.,B.S.,M.S. Chiropractic Neuro-Biomechanics, Director: Dr. Tom Weidner – BSU
• Contributing Writer for Vype Sports Magazine, Indianapolis – 2008
• Sports Physician for WTTV Channel 4 Website – 2008
• Sports Physician for WXIN Channel 59 (FOX59) Website – 2008
• Sports Chiropractic Advisor for UCLA, California – 2009
Girls Gymnastic Coach: Valorie Kondos-Fields
Massage Therapist & Chiropractor: Brian Campbell, D.C.
- · Sports Chiropractic Advisor for USC, California – 2009
Chiropractor: Eric Blum, D.C.
- · Event Physician / Sports Chiropractor: Ultimate Strongman
Championships / World’s Strongest Man; Belfast, Ireland 2012
International Chiropractors Association
USA Sports Medicine – Swimming & Diving (approved 2009)
International Chiropractors Association of Indiana: Board Member since 1998
Insurance Compliance Council ~ ICAI: Chairman
Madison County Chamber of Commerce
Business Network International – Indiana: Noblesville Chapter
Dunlap/Tavel Wealth Management – Advisory Council
Indiana Strongman Association: Preferred Chiropractic Method
Links to publications:
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/43867 Scoliosis- Who’s Checking it now?
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/59886 Kids in Sports: Are They Really Protected?
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/129946 Does the “Shake Weight” Really Work?
Past Content writer for Active Life Guide: http://www.activelifeguide.com/
Writer for The Informer: International Chiropractors Association of Indiana www.ICAI.net
FaceBook Content Contributor: https://www.facebook.com/pages/International-Chiropractors-Association-of-Indiana/118948301467774
Articles and/or Case studies they contribute to Scoliosis:
http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/43867 Scoliosis- Who’s Checking it now?